Have you ever been so far from reality that it didn't hit you till you were right in the freakin' middle of it? Well I've had to come to grips with some reality issues this week.
You'd think that just because you're pregnant that it doesn't mean that your brain has to stop functioning properly (whatever that is), but I'm here to testify one more time that I believe it's an unwritten rule of maternity. The belly has officially taken over for the brain :o) I have missed an important event for Rylan's preschool orientation, failed to do early planning for babysitting arrangements so I could start a new semester of school on Monday, forgotten to buy books for my classes, and crammed too many stinking things into an already busy week of stress and whatnots. WHAT THE WORLD??? Pretty important details to be merely forgetting and putting off don'tcha think? By the way, who in the heck starts a new semester 5 weeks before delivering a baby??? I promise you that only CRAZY people do that for sure! I hope I can sanely speak about it in the weeks to come and keep you updated of how this all ends up. By the way, I thought for sure I would just plain melt in my class tonight. I was so stinking hot and of course the only one in there using my syllibus as a fan....the rest of them were just pretending though for sure :o)
So enough of that, the fun part of all of this is that Rylan will start preschool on Monday. He's so excited and I'm very anxious to see him get to be in there and learn and grow (eventhough it's happening too fast). He totally rocks with his letters and alphabet and other skills so I'm anxious to observe him and watch how fast he starts to do new things.
8.25.2009
Reality Check
Well, that's about the jist of things at our house. Ammon is a great dad and always working hard to keep us in food, clothing, shelter, and love. Rylan is being a great big brother and the character of the house. McKinley is busy reaching new volume levels of screaming and making us laugh, and I'm just oblivious to everything around me as mentioned above....
Heaven help us all :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
My goodness, if the belly takes over the brain then I'm not so sure I want to go through that someday...I already have a brain the size of a dust spec...I CONTINUALLY write EVERYTHING down, & that's the ONLY way I can remember to zip up my pants! :) I am a firm believer in my little blue book that says, "Hey...write everything down in here." & I'm not kidding, I write it all. That's the only way I survive work, school, & the forgetful world of Leah. Love Love! Good luck ;)
Post a Comment