3.19.2008

"Not until you want it...."

So today, my blog may be silly to some, but will ring many mommy bells to others.
I just wanted to point out how funny I think it is that kids are so cute and want nothing around them or to be anywhere until you (mom) want it...

For instance, they will not go in the bathroom for any darn reason until you want a minute to yourself to take care of business and all of a sudden you have the kids, the dog and even sometimes the neighbors in with you and practically on your lap trying to help you or making comments and asking every question they do not need the answer to. **Notice they're never anywhere near when you're stranded?????

They couldn't care less where the computer is or what you do at the desk until you want to sit down and use it and then there's a race for your lap and an uncontrolable need to touch every button and move the mouse until you've just plain had it with holding them back so you get up and they do too... Honestly! Why won't they do this when it's dish time? In the action begging to help and touch everything.

They have zero interest in the vacuum, laundryroom, broom etc until you want to use it. At this point they must try to be helpers and sit on it, try to fold it, or want to drive, sweep, or steer and you have to fight over who gets to be the boss, which is usually always determined by one of us storming off to our rooms :o) Oh blessed timeout!

I just think it's so interesting how kids work. I love mine to death and think daily how precious they are and how empty my life would be without them, they are just surely the most peculiar little things on earth (and then they turn out to be US! Heaven help 'em)

If you have any input or stories please share. I know I'm not the only one who gets a chuckle out of the quirckiness and curiosity of a kid, and I can't wait to find out what sparks the interests of some of your little ones. They can't always be as sweet and perfect as we make them sound...Can they?

2 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

You seriously just made me snort at work! Such truth, such truth! Taylor could care less that the sink is full of dishes, until I want to "quickly" get them done, and she wants to help. Doesn't work--you know how small my kitchen is. My favorite thing is when she wants to help her Dad...nothing makes me giggle inside more, than watching him trying to let her help as he is changing a tire, framing the basement, fixing something, etc. Just makes me giggle as I walk back into the house and get done what I can while I don't have a "helper".

Mary Pat said...

I swear kids have radar on my stress levels, and getting quickly to any task at hand just lasso's them in. Geez! Loved your post!