So this is meant to be an 80's flashback moment and in order to fully catch the drift you must first scroll down to the Mann Music and select the last song on the list "Send me an Angel".... Go ahead, I'll wait :o)
Okay, now that the tunes have begun and the smile is on your face, you may have noticed that this is like to only song that was played on the movie that I LOVE called Rad! I am wondering if there are any Rad lovers out there who share the same love or if this blog will be voted totally random?
I'm not really sure why this song and movie came to me when I was making some new song selections, but I thought it was worth mentioning. For any and all of you who were wowed over and over again by this wildly entertaining flick, the feeling that takes you back to the boy who was trying so hard to be able to make the race on his stylin' BMX bike and in his quest feel in love with the only girl racer. Note: I'm not going to pretend I remember all the details of this movie. You see, I can hardly think of anything in it other than the bike, the song, the jumps, and the song, oh yeah and the bike. Until I was Sharply reminded of the correct name, I called this all-time fav BMX everytime I talked about it. However, there is something about these flicks that helped raise you when you had no other source of sanity or entertainment in a small town. Another one of those favs for me and my fam is "the Manaquin"and "Young Guns". Between these movies and of course some other 80's favorites, we were properly reared. :o)
Seriously this blog has no great point other than to take you back for a minute and remember this great movie and to see if it takes the whole 6 minutes (the length of the song) to read it. For those of you who were not lucky enough to have seen it, I suggest you get on the stick and watch it! If for no other reason than for a good laugh, look it up next time you're at the video store.
For any of you who would like to share any other favorite movie memories please do. I would love to know who and what everyone watched back in the good 'ole days....




3 comments:
So, I am totally in on the RAD fan club! That is straight up 80's. Being a kiddy in the 80's was awesome.
Hey Misty,
I was blog surfing (starting with Amanda Cranes) and came across yours! What a gorgeous family you have!! I see your dad around once in awhile and I ask about ya. Now I don't have to ask, I will just check your blog:) Ours is private, but send me your email and I will send you an invite.
Tina Pace Mitchell
teanster@hotmail.com
Ha! Ha! Ha! When Adam used to play concerts, they would have movies or slideshows playing in the background, and RAD was one of them! I don't ever remember seeing it until then! My favorite part is the slow dance with bikes! Ha! You're so funny Misty! Good luck with school!
Post a Comment