Okay, So I'm about to embark on the potty training adventure of a 2 1/2 year old boy. I'm nervous because it's my first time, so I am asking for any help or hints that anyone might have for me. It's cold now and we don't spend a ton of time outside or I could start by letting him practice on bushes, trees, and neighbors lawns, but I'm thinking we should try it the more conservative way.
I'm open to suggestions and anything that you think works I will consider. For any of them that pan out and prove to be useful I will definitely pass on and report back. I'll have to get creative with my picture taking, cuz already I went to put one on of the cutest "cheeks" in town and I got the husband lecture of "once you put it on the net anyone can see it you know". We'll see what happens. Thanks
12.18.2007
Potty Training Pointers ANYONE??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I remember when i was potty training my lil boy(some 35 years ago) His dad took him in the bathroom, showed him how it was done,,, and how cool the whirling flushing toliet was. My lil guy thought it was great to be "just like dad."
Good luck!
I say Cherrios! Put a few Cherrios in the toilet and he can have some target practice!
Well, beigthe father of four little boys the only thing I can tell you is "if at first you don't succeed try and try again" because even a fourteen potty training is still going on. eventually we grow out of it though
Good luck Misty!!!
Janet says
I love your Mann Family Blog spots, and I look forward to each day and the new things that you are talking about. It brings back the memories, and I will tell you that potty training was not one of my specialties. I have not tricks to tell you about. Keep up the good work. Have a Happy Holiday.
Well, I think all of your comments have been good. They all sound worth a shot. However, if I'm still doing this in 14 years, I'm going to be as crazy as you and T are John. Wish me luck. So far we have pull-ups on and soon Spiderman undies, a cool stool to stand on, a kid sized ring to sit on, and a promise of a yummy sucker when the deed is done, in the potty of course.
Misty, good luck. You are entering an area that is full of surprises. My first was easy, some Dora panties, 2 or 3 accidents and all was well. All it took on my part was perseverence. My second one, another story. I will be touching base to see all the tips you are getting and to see how Mr Rylan is doing. That will give me hope on this kid of mine!
Post a Comment