7.10.2008

Update on the "Poopers"

So, I have no proof (picture wise) of the following story, but we have had an eventful couple of days at our house.
To begin with McKinley has been sick for about 4-5 days and I got sick of giving her whatever I thought would help her feel better so I finally took her to the Dr. We found that she was fighting the crud and gomboo and had quite a red and irritated sore throat so we were prescribed an antibiotic in hopes of getting rid of the crap she's had for the last couple of weeks on and off.
Well, that was yesterday and today we woke up to a very fussy, rashy faced baby. She was obviously not okay with something we were giving her. So, that took us back to the Dr. this morning to verify the rash was to an allergy and sure enough the word is that she is allergic to penicillin (which is the base to a lot of medicines that end in "cillin") and so that's the problem I guess. She is NOT the best medicine taker, so we've had some issues with the benedryl and other crap we've needed to give her, but anyway. I hope by tomorrow it will all get out of her system and that the rash will be gone she looks so sad and like she has a disease or something...

As for Rylan, he is being funny and saying crap to make us laugh everyday. Oh yeah, speaking of crap, we are doing the dreaded potty training once and for all and needless to say, we have departed with about three pairs of underwears this week that had, let's say, a special surprise in them. Believe me that is the nicest thing I can think of to say to describe the prizes I've been given this week. I have said a few choice words this week and have needed a few timeouts as well, but there is light at the end of the tunnel cuz we made it to the potty tonight with a load. So there! Now that you know the goods on what we've been up to and now that some of you are grossed out I will say Good Night and we'll post again in a few days.

3 comments:

Kellee and Courtney said...

We got a surprise at Sea World from Jaxon long after we should not have suspected a surprise. Needless to say I used my knife to cut them of and then used all of our baby wipes (while gagging and not so dry heaving) to clean him off. All while people are passing us in the parking lot. Then as a bonus Rylan messed himself and we had to find a store in San Diego before we could start our trip home. A bit of useless info. Mt. Dew in the fountain is not especially easy to come by in southern Cal. Good luck with the potty training.

DaynaDouble said...

And the last pair of underwear you tossed when he made a mess at my house last week did not make it to the trash and we found the neighborhood cats rummaging in them..so make sure you make all the other pairs to come in the can. :)

sinika said...

Hee! Hee! I've thrown so many poopy undies out!! I HATE cleaning them more than anything. I have a friend who was considering cloth diapers and I couldn't hold back on my opinion!! Crazy! Hope everyone is feeling better soon! (I'm allergic to penicillin too!)