7.02.2008

Happy Third Rylan!!!

Well We Celebrated Rylan's 3rd Birthday today! I can't believe he is already three....time has gone by so fast! You can see our mess and all the fun stuff he was given (HE GOT SPOILED) thanks to his aunt and Grannies. We also gave him this little scooter he's standing on and I think we'll be seeing a lot more of it in the future, he loves it :o)


See this big bin of lincoln logs? I love that they still make these and I believe they will turn into one of the family favs. We all lit up when we saw them and said, "remember when?"

We also had to have a fun little tudley turtle cake. (No, that's not someone you should know, he's just a character in one of our fun bedtime books). We sure had fun making it this morning.
We spent time at the library with storytime, played with cousins at the splash pad up the street at the park and had cupcakes, lots of green frosting, ice cream, and Winger's for dinner. It has been a very fun day and Rylan has been precious (as usual). I will say it is evident that he is three though. His talking and interaction has really improved the last month or so and so has his back-talking and smart-mouthing. He has started to as why? why? why? to everything and make you mad after you've repeated yourself five times. He says some of the funniest things and some of the NOT so funniest things. I swear sometimes i am hearing an echo of everything I've said to him, and just when I figured he didn't hear a thing I was saying, he started to repeat it at high volumes..... The other funny thing he has been doing is if I am disciplining him, he'll get mad and storm into the other room where his dad is and tattle on me or visa versa to the other one of us. He'll come in and say, "Mommy, daddy is talking mean to me" or "daddy, mommy spank me". Of course it is always said in the most innocent voice ever, but it just cracks me up.
We sure Love this little munchkin Rylan of ours. He is the source of many laughs, tears, frustrations, and fun times. We look forward to many more birthdays in the future!!!



5 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun age! RIGHT? Happy Birthday RYLAN! We have already start the back talking and I am about ready to pull my hair out!!!

Anonymous said...

I can not believe that he is 3 already! Wow--time flies! You do have a pretty cute little boy though.

Jessica said...

I love the turtle cake! I'm not a cook, and I don't like cooking, but if I were to enjoy making something...I think it would be a turtle cake.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Rylan!

Anonymous said...

Misty
Your kids are adorable. Enjoy them while they are so cute and small and fun. Pretty soon they are not so funny or cute. Happy Birthday to Rylan, he is adorable.
I can see you in that picture of McKinley especially that one with the fist.
Love Aunt Janet